Leak Detection Services
Leak Detection & Repair
Miranda Leak Detection Services will detect the leaks in your home or office and repair them quickly.
- • Our highly trained technicians use the latest industry detection equipment to pinpoint your leaks.
- • Miranda can repair leaks with traditional methods, or with our ‘No Dig’ Trenchless pipe lining solutions to minimize any digging.
- • This provides a fast and much more reliable repair without tearing up your property or floor with trenches.
Methods of Leak Detection
- Infrared Leak Detection
- Ultrasonic Leak Detection
- Video Inspection
- Smoke Detection
Types of Leak Detection
- Slab Leak Detection
- Water Pipe Leak Detection
- Sewer Leak Detection
- Sprinkler System Leak Detection
- Water Main Leak Detection
- Fire Suppression System Leak Detection
- Gas Line Leak Detection
- Cooling Tower Leak Detection
What to Expect From My Leak Detection Appointment with Miranda
1. Our technicians will arrive and explain all of the methods that we anticipate using to find your leak.
2. Wearing protective foot covers to make sure your home stays clean, they will inspect to locate the leak and determine how severe it is.
3. We also use as little digging and property disturbance as possible. If a wall or floor needs to be opened for further investigation the technician will explain why and ask you for your consent to proceed.
4. We will then go over all of the options for repair or replacement and can discuss what payment options and terms are available.
5. Depending on the severity of your problem and the age and condition of your pipes, we may offer the option of pipe lining services to extend the life of your pipes. Miranda has their own equipment to do various methods of pipe lining. This allows us to offer competitive pipe lining charges compared to plumbing companies that contract that work out to another company.
6. Beware of plumbers that want to dig trenches through your rooms or yard and manually replace pipes. This is very expensive, very destructive, and rarely needed anymore due to advancements in plumbing industry. Still some plumbers who can’t do these new methods, or can’t afford the equipment will do their best to convince you that digging trenches is the only way. It most definitely is not. Call us for our recommendation and quote. Pipe Lining has become a very popular repair alternative due to how fast, affordable, and strong it is. Best of all pipe lining is done without having to dig trenches through your house or yard.
7. The technician will discuss the repair options, their total cost, and what he recommends and why. With your permission he will complete the repair.
8. The technician will clean up any mess and your leak problems will be over!
Whether you’re dealing with a water leak, an A/C refrigerant leak, or even a dangerous gas leak, Miranda Home Services has the leak detection technology to find it fast. Our technicians are fully trained in state-of-the-art methods to fix your leak quickly and safely.
We use several high-tech leak detection systems, enabling us to address nearly any liquid or gaseous leak. Infrared leak detection uses variations in temperatures to reveal pinprick water leaks that are hard to detect with the naked eye. Instead of visual images, the infrared camera shows different colors for different temperatures, creating a colored image of the pipe based on the temperature of its surface. Leaks show up clearly as a different color on the pipe, making them easy for our trained technician to spot. Infrared works especially well for pipes hidden in walls and slabs where a visible-light camera would have difficulty illuminating the surface in complete darkness.
We also offer video inspection to check water pipes for leaks. Cracks and fractures form as pipes age, allowing water to escape and damage the surroundings. Our cameras fit into pipes as narrow as two inches in diameter and provide real-time video footage, enabling the technician to visually inspect the interior of the pipes to identify problem areas. During video inspection, we can also check for other signs of damage, such as corrosion or root penetration, so we can develop a comprehensive plan to not only repair your leak today but also prevent future problems.
For gaseous leaks such as air conditioning refrigerant, propane, and natural gas, we use ultrasonic leak detection. This tool detects the “hissing” noise that leaking gases make, even if it’s inaudible to the human ear. The ultrasonic detector listens to the pipes and alerts the technician when the sound of leaking gas is identified. Our skilled technician can then references the changes in the signal of the detector to pinpoint the leak’s location, so a repair can be made. Pinprick gas leaks, often the most difficult to locate, are easily found with our ultrasonic leak detection technology.
We also offer versatile, effective smoke leak detection services. By introducing smoke and watching its movement, our expert technicians can find leaks in air conditioning lines quickly and effectively. Our smoke leak detector also helps map sewer lines, locate vacuum leaks, and find heating and cooling air flow problems, among other uses.
Not only do you get the best in detector technology, when you request leak detection service with Miranda Home Services, you can count on high-quality customer service, as well. We’ve been serving homes and businesses in southern Florida for over 30 years, and we pride ourselves on a friendly, efficient experience for every customer. Our technician will be on time for your scheduled appointment, and will provide honest, easy-to-understand results so you can make an informed decision about your repair options.
Miranda Home Services has the leak detection technology you need to find your leak and fix it fast. Our highly-trained technicians know exactly how to put these powerful tools to work for you. Call 772-466-8322 today and our friendly staff will always be ready and waiting to help!
Use the form below to contact a Miranda Home Services support technician. We respond to all inquiries within 24 business hours.