Call for Garbage Disposal Replacement In South Florida
Properly maintaining your garbage disposal unit is crucial to keeping a healthy home. Due to its out-of-sight nature, it can be easy to neglect your disposal and ignore a faulty unit. This is not recommended, not only for the optimal function of the unit itself, but also for the health of both your family and plumbing system. If the unit isn’t working properly, most likely food buildup is occurring in your pipes, which could lead to expensive and inconvenient problems in the form of large clogs, possible pipe replacement, rotten food and water backing up in your sink, home water damage, and other repairs guaranteed to put a dent in your wallet.
Additionally, allowing the unit to break down and food to accumulate in its system is unsanitary. Not only will it produce noxious odors, it could easily attract insect and rodent pests or lead to harmful fungal or bacterial growth, exposing you and your family to disease (not to mention some very unwelcome houseguests). While maintenance can keep your garbage disposal working for a longer period, replacing the system may be necessary due to excessive damage or other factors. At Miranda Plumbing & Air Conditioning, we ensure that our replacements are effective and the ideal solution for the situation.
Replacement Versus Repair
At Miranda Plumbing & Air Conditioning, we are able to identify the signs of a garbage disposal unit breaking down, as well as determine if a replacement is required. Our professionals will often recommend replacements in preference to repairs due to the unreliability repairs may provide, and the signs of a necessary replacement will also lead our technicians to reach this conclusion:
- The unit clogs frequently. This applies if you’re maintaining it correctly, but the disposal still has trouble working normally. Repairing the garbage disposal may only temporarily alleviate the situation, and more problems will likely occur. Replacing the system guarantees new efficiency that will not suffer from recurring issues.
- Lingering odors. Try utilizing a baking soda and vinegar solution, citrus peels, specialized cleaning tabs for the disposal, or simply dish soap. If these options fail to have an effect, you may have a failing unit on your hands. Replacing the system eliminates these odors and their sources, keeping your home clean.
- It takes longer to grind up waste. If you’ve noticed that the unit takes much longer than usual to work, or doesn’t seem to be breaking down waste at all, it could be a sign that the blades are too dull and need to be replaced.
- You’re replacing other kitchen necessaries, like sinks or pipes. While perhaps not necessary to have your disposal replaced during this time, if you’ve ordered a major installation project for your kitchen, it might save time and hassle later to have your disposal replaced at this time. By including a garbage disposal replacement during these steps, we can ensure that your kitchen components are all functioning properly and smoothly.
- Repair costs outweigh the cost of replacement. If your repair quote is more than that for outright replacement, it’s time for a new unit at a much better cost.
Contact Miranda Plumbing & Air Conditioning Today!
If you have questions about your garbage disposal, or think you may be in need of a replacement unit, call Miranda Plumbing & Air Conditioning. Our professional team of highly-trained staff will be happy to assist you in a prompt, efficient manner, and have your home back to normal in no time. Contact us today!